|Permanent Part Time
GLL is looking for a Start Up Bromley Business Manager to work at Bromley Central Library primarily. If you have the skills and ambition to join us as a Start Up Bromley Business Manager, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us. This is more than a Start Up Bromley Business Manager job, it’s a career.
The Start Up Bromley Business Manager role is responsible for the delivery of the Start Up Bromley – one of three business support services operated and run through GLL libraries. The Start Up Bromley Business Manager will be responsible for the day to day operation of the Business Hubs in Bromley Central Library, Orpington Library and Biggin Hill Library, with a primary concentration on Bromley Central Library. In addition the Start Up Bromley manager will routinely perform the below activities.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the day to day operation of the Business Hubs in Bromley Central Library, Orpington Library and Biggin Hill Library, with a primary concentration on Bromley Central Library.
- Planning and delivering workshops, webinars, networking events, pop-up markets and business 121’s with people, including the delivery of customer services, staff management and management of financial budgets.
- Ensure that the delivery and reporting of these project activities are compliant with funding requirements, project objectives which meets outlined quarterly KPI’s.
- Be responsible for the overall promotion of Start Up Bromley, including building connections with external business support organisations, and be the central point of contact for all project activities and enquiries.
As a leader within the leisure industry we can also offer scope to progress your career, and job variety like nowhere else.
What you need:
- You’ll be a self-starter and able to work autonomously to meet your local KPIs.
- You’ll be a great all-rounder and able to create and deliver marketing and social media content to attract people to a full programme of events you’ll organise and host.
- Good knowledge of excel and strong report writing will be key, as will excellent organisational and communication skills.
- You should have a good working knowledge of stakeholder management in multi-partner programmes and be able to work with everyone from entrepreneurs to business partners and the general public.
As a charitable social enterprise owned by its staff GLL has a great range of benefits for its employees:
- A salary of £35,658 per annum (36 hours a week Pro rata)
- A values driven organisation
- Learning & development to support career development
- Good pension schemes
- Discounted gym membership for you and your partner
- A part time permanent position of 18 hours
- The opportunity to join the GLL Society and have a say on how we are run plus associated events
- Exclusive discounts on our villas in Portugal
- Exclusive discounts on our Ski chalets in Bulgaria
- Career Pathways, professional development is just the start. To ensure your stay on top of your game we provide training with practical and theory elements too
- Discounts across thousands of retailers (GLL Extras)
- 25% off Red Letter Days
- 25% off Buy a Gift
- 20% off GLL spa experience treatments and associated products
- Ride to work scheme
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
Job advert closing 13th September 2023
As the UK’s largest leisure operator and charitable social enterprise, we offer a range of careers for everyone in our local communities. We manage over 400 facilities across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, including public sport and leisure centres, elite sporting venues, libraries and children’s centres.
Our people are from the communities we serve and help us make real changes in their local area.
One of our core values is ‘More than a Job’, because working with us opens up a wide range of possibilities and opportunities for you, starting with how you work with us. To make sure we’re having a positive impact on our people, we also offer some flexible and part-time working options so you can make sure your new job works for you. Subject to vacancies, whether you are after a contractual commitment and a regular work schedule or the freedom of flexible hours, you may be able to choose an arrangement that works best for you and play your part in improving the health and wellbeing of your community.
We offer two different types of work arrangements:
- A permanent employment contract – part time and full time
- A flexible worker engagement by joining our flexible worker pool
If you are looking for a regular number of hours that you can work, and are flexible to meet the needs of a 7 day a week service, then a full-time or part-time permanent contract might be the right choice for you.
So whether your ambitions lie in sport and leisure, events & catering, health & beauty, corporate support or working with children, you’ll be able to find your ideal new job at GLL.
Passionate about seeing our communities thrive, we invest back into our facilities, projects and people and are Investors in People Silver Award employer.
However you choose to work with us, you can be sure that you will be a valued member of our team, working with great colleagues, and making a real difference to people’s lives.
We are an inclusive employer. We seek and welcome diversity in our teams.
All pay rates are subject to skills, experience, qualifications and location.